Teachers, students, and businesses need teaching tools to broaden their knowledge, present ideas, collaborate with team members, and conduct meetings. Teaching tools come in traditional and modern methods, and the right combination can take learning to a higher level. But, what are the best teaching tools people can take advantage of nowadays?
Below, learn the best teachings tools that can help you achieve your learning goals in this day and age.
1. Online Whiteboard
Online whiteboard applications are used in online classes, which start with an infinite canvas without borders. Using an online whiteboard is an interactive way to collaborate with students for virtual teaching and work purposes.
Whiteboard collaboration software programs are used in remote teaching, remote meetings, virtual study sessions, workflows, brainstorming, leaderboards, sales presentations, mind maps, and project management.
Here are the good-to-know things about online whiteboards:
- Pen Tools: Paint programs are commonly used pen tools for freehand drawing. Online whiteboard software can recognize shapes and straighten lines.
- Widgets: They are standard tools used for online whiteboards. Some examples include arrows, post-it notes, sticky notes, stickers, and highlights.
- Notes: This whiteboard feature allows team members to communicate properly with each other.
- Media: Online whiteboard users can add media, such as photos, videos, and even audio tracks. You can also upload documents inside the whiteboard.
- Integrations: Online whiteboard platforms use plugins and integrations for added functionality, allowing the publishing of whiteboards to WordPress and video chatting apps, such as Skype.
2. Google Docs
Google Docs makes for a versatile digital tool for teachers. It helps teachers build and maintain a collaborative classroom. The best features that make Google Docs useful for teaching include a spreadsheet, presentation editor, and online word processor. Teachers and students can use Google Docs to collaborate on projects, blogs, assignments, and newsletters, as well as promote teamwork in workplaces.
Check the following advantages of using Google Docs:
- Very accessible
- Generous storage
3. Online Video Teaching Tools
Educational technology is rapidly growing, which makes video teaching tools more helpful than ever. Video learning tools help students think creatively and express their insights and opinions verbally. These tools can help students overcome the fear and anxiety associated with public speaking.
The different types of online video editing tools include the following:
- Live Lecture Videos: Teachers can send recorded lectures to students using online live lecture videos, allowing students to pause and watch the videos again for better understanding. Recorded lectures are shareable, allowing students to take the lesson based on their learning needs and pace.
- Mini Screen Recording Videos: It’s a popular way to create videos that involve screen recording, recording with or without audio, and anything that appears on the screen. Teachers can create mini-lectures via over-the-screen narration using browser-based video tools. This way, teachers can create screen recordings for hard-to-grasp topics that they can share with students instantly.
- Video Presentations: Increase engagement with students through video presentations, promoting effective communication and presentation skills. Students can take these skills as they eventually work when they become adults. Teachers can ask students to create a video presentation to gauge learning instead of traditional quizzes or exams.
- Video Assignments: Students can do their assignments through videos, immersing themselves naturally and deeply in a particular concept. Teachers can ask students to create video versions, like spoken essays, of the things they learned.
4. Electronic Learning
Electronic learning (eLearning) provides learners with a rich learning experience. This learning tool uses software that makes digital learning possible, which is an important aspect of corporate training. eLearning is rapidly becoming increasingly popular both in education and business settings.
Take a look at the benefits of eLearning:
- Speeds Up Employee Training: Embracing eLearning can reduce employee training time. Learning is faster and easier because employees can access the material anytime and anywhere. In addition, learners can set their own training pace whenever they have free time.
- Reduces Costs: Many companies are switching to eLearning because in-house training can be very expensive. On the other hand, the use of eLearning training software is not cost-effective. Also, it enables employees to comfortably train at home, translating to lower travel and training costs.
- Maximizes Knowledge Retention: With eLearning, it increases knowledge retention rate because it’s more engaging than traditional classroom learning. Employees can create interactive content and learning multimedia to improve employee skills and performance. Teachers and students can also use eLearning and have fun answering interactive quizzes and other activities for an effective learning environment.
- Increases Productivity: Employees can use eLearning to learn at home while focusing on work tasks in the office. It promotes better workplace performance and greater efficiency because learners can revisit the information whenever they need it.
- Better Collaboration: It provides useful collaboration and communication tools, essential for building a collaborative workforce. Real-time collaboration can help identify a learner’s strengths and weaknesses in order to fill in skill gaps.
5. Communication Apps
Now more than ever, learning becomes more challenging because of the current pandemic the world is facing at the moment. It’s a good thing that digital technology offers different teaching tools to make home learning possible, such as communication apps.
Communication apps aren’t just used for reaching loved ones in faraway cities and abroad. They can be used for learning purposes, too. Popularly downloaded communication apps play a vital role in learning. These apps usually have screen sharing capabilities, as well as video conferencing, chat messaging, and file sharing features. Communications apps are most sought because of the following reasons:
- Easy to download and use
The best teaching tools teachers and workers can use nowadays include an online whiteboard, including features and benefits for the positive digital learning experience.
For one, Google Docs is a free teaching tool that teachers and students can use to present topics and concepts. Online video teaching tools are also available, which are great for creating interactive and immersive learning environments. On the other hand, electronic learning or eLearning software programs enable digital learning to be more comprehensive and fast-paced by using special graphics, images, audio, and other helpful features. Communication apps also play an essential role in digital learning.