Hybris, an e-commerce platform by SAP, is engineered to provide businesses with tools for online sales, customer data, and marketing campaigns. SAP Hybris, now termed SAP Commerce Cloud, enables businesses to offer tailored experiences across diverse channels including websites, mobiles, and physical outlets. Note, there’s no point in comparing SAP Commerce Cloud with Hybris as both names refer to the same product. Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce has lauded SAP Commerce Cloud as a market leader for three consecutive years.
Core Benefits of Using Hybris
- Holistic Customer Experience: SAP Hybris ecommerce development by Aimprosoft stands out in providing a seamless, customized customer journey across various touchpoints. This ensures omnipresence, catering to customers wherever they are.
- Adaptable and Customizable: SAP Hybris Commerce is highly malleable, offering myriad tools and APIs for businesses to modify its functionality as per specific needs.
- Scalability and Efficiency: Built for high traffic, SAP Hybris Commerce can scale as businesses expand, maintaining efficiency even during traffic surges.
- Packed with Features: With capabilities ranging from catalog management to analytics, it covers every facet of e-commerce operations.
- Integration with SAP: SAP Commerce Cloud’s ability to effortlessly integrate with SAP’s ecosystem is another feather in its cap. This ensures streamlined business processes and a unified customer data view.
For B2B operations, SAP Commerce Cloud is tailored for intricate sales scenarios, ensuring a smooth and effective buying process.
Distinguishing Features of Hybris for E-commerce
Hybris is an ingenious e-commerce platform tailored for both B2B and B2C markets. It incorporates B2C and B2B platforms, catering to direct consumer sales and inter-business trades respectively.
SAP Hybris Commerce’s architecture is structured for extensive customer traffic and large order volumes. Leveraging standard Hybris technology, businesses don’t incur additional costs for upgrades. This system thrives with a Java EE Servlet Container. The Apache Tomcat application server forms its core, and its extensibility feature is commendable, offering pre-built extensions, purchasable ones from SAP marketplace, and custom services by developers.
Hybris Tools and Integration
Hybris revolutionized B2B commerce, infusing it with B2C characteristics. Its robust tools have underpinned its success over the past decade. Some essential administrative tools include HAC, HMC, Backoffice, Product Cockpit, CMS Cockpit, and Administration Cockpit. Hybris’s backend tools for developers also encompass SDKs and code generators, facilitating seamless integration.
Hybris Development Tips by Aimprosoft
Our team at Aimprosoft emphasizes the following for effective SAP Hybris development:
- Utilize code generators to avert writing repetitive code.
- Refer to official recipes to avoid “reinventing the wheel”.
- Ensure regular updates of your Hybris instances.
- Create modules for modifications.
- Schedule daily backups during off-peak hours.
- Opt for third-party integrations for certain functionalities.
- Limit cockpit access to intranet only.
Hiring SAP Hybris Developers: What to Know
A skilled Hybris developer isn’t just about coding. Communication, analytical skills, and a proactive attitude are vital. Aimprosoft’s Hybris developers possess extensive experience in Java, J2EE, and the SAP Commerce Cloud, ensuring timely and top-quality project delivery.
Although global B2B giants utilize Hybris, seasoned developers in this niche are rare. Ukraine, over the past decade, has emerged as a hotbed for Hybris talent. Ukrainian developers offer competitive rates, starting from $35/hr, making them an affordable choice for companies globally. However, the significant cost lies in the SAP Hybris license rather than development. Considering Hybris’s cost, skimping on developers isn’t advisable. Aimprosoft, with its proficient team, ensures swift, top-tier Hybris e-commerce development.